Posifons Safety Services
The freedom to be active outdoors
Of course a safety alarm should work outdoors as well as indoors! This is especially important when working with rehabilitation, caring for people with dementia as well as when supporting people with cognitive impairment.
Posifon’s mobile safety alarm gives an increased sense of safety to the person using it as well as to family and friends. With the help of our GPS alarm you can fast and easily make contact and communicate your position. This is a safety feature that increases the sense of independence, which leads to greater quality of life.
With our mobile safety alarms you can localise a person outdoors which provides care personal with the opportunity to shift focus from monitoring to caring. We all benefit from people being active outdoors.
Posifon at your workplace
Anyone can benefit from an alarm function, the question is when and where. Some people work alone in environments where, should an accident occur, they will not be found. Someone might feel threatened at work or during their spare time. Others enjoy spare time activities that might pose a risk. The reason does not really matter. Posifon is offering custom made GPS alarms/personal alarms for anyone who has got the need for one. Apart from providing safety for users and reducing worry for family or friends, Posifon’s services also facilitates work management and planning. Thanks to a discreet appearance or concealed placement the alarm does not need to be a restriction in a vulnerable situation.
Please feel free to contact us for a conversation regarding how our services can be tailored to fit your needs.
The users life situation and abilities is what determines what functions are important in order to feel safe. For some, the ability to easily alert family, friends or an alarm central, is crucial. For care personal- or for the family of a person with symptoms of dementia (which could mean issues with localization) it is a mutual sense of safety to be able to be aware if the person is moving outside a predetermined area, for example the usual daily walk. If the user lacks understanding of when it is suitable to ask for assistance there is a possibility for qualified personal to localise the user from a distance. Posifon’s services and products are flexible and can be adjusted to suit the individual. The settings can easily be adjusted if needs and demands are changing. Posifon’s different mobile safety alarms are first and foremost used as an aid in cases of dementia or in case of other cognitive disorders and in the fulfilment of LSS (The Swedish Act concerning Support and Service for Persons with Certain Functional Impairments).
Our mobile safety alarms can be worn around your neck, on your wrist, in your shoe or in your belt.
At Posifon we value the personal integrity and the ability for the user to keep his or hers independence and freedom despite a changed life situation or health issues. Based on these grounds of values we have developed a flexible service to suit a number of different needs. Today we offer the only scientifically evaluated GPS based safety alarms in Sweden. A high IT security is a matter of course and the use of the service is being logged. As the only supplier in Sweden we have created ethical guidelines for the use of mobile safety alarms. We have done this in cooperation with leading scientists and you can read more about these guidelines in our bank of knowledge as well as in an internationally published scientific study where our services and GPS alarms have been evaluated.
How does secure areas work?
- A decision is taken together regarding the area that the user will use daily. Should you wish to register a larger area, it is easily done via our alarm portal or a connected unit.
- The active user will wear one of Posifons mobile safety alarms during the day, and he or she does not need to worry about getting lost.
- If the suer should leave the predetermined area, the chosen family members or care personal will be notified via text message, phone call or an alarm signal on a connected unit.
- Family, friends and care personal also have the possibility to search for the user on a map, and find and help him or her as quickly as possible. If the mobile alarm has a call function it enables the option of keeping in contact and provide help from a distance.
Active seniors enjoying life
The positioning system provided by Posifon makes you feel safe when spending time in unfamiliar places or in places where navigating might be difficult. As well as if you are taking part in spare time activities that might pose a risk. If you are in the outdoors or in an unfamiliar place, it provides at sense of safety in knowing that help can be reached quickly should it be needed. For elderly people, your health might not be what it used to, and a sense of safety will help you enjoy life.
When using the internet based services of Posifon, you can call for assistance if you need it. You decide who will receive your alarm, a family member, a friend or an alarm central. When using the alarm, the alarm receiver will receive a call or a text message from you and using the alarm portal they can see your location.
If you have gone missing, it is possible to locate you using the alarm portal, but only if you allow it. Using Posifon, you can make contact and receive help in a short amount of time.
How does localisation work?
- If the user of a mobilen safety alarm goes missing there is the option for family or care personal to localize the person, using our alarm portal or a relative unit.
- When localization is started new positions are sent on a regular basis. Some of our mobile safety alarms will also show previous positioning.
- With the help of a mobile safety alarm, the user can easily be found and receive assistance. When a relative unit is used, you can even be guided to the position of the user, using a compass needle on a map.
Sense of freedom and activity
If you have a disability in any form, you might sometimes encounter problems in your daily life. You might find yourself in a difficult situation when spending time outside. A wheelchair might break, a crutch might slip and you could fall over. A chronic illness makes itself known and you might not feel comfortable walking on by yourself.
What might be taken for granted by some people is not as easy for someone with a chronic somatic disability. Even if you have the will to go outside and be active, your loved ones might not feel comfortable and worry abut you, or insist on going with you.
Using our mobile safety alarms, we hope that you will feel more independent, be more active and be able to manage things on your own if you wish and your loved ones will know that you are safe. We believe that no one should have to refrain from activities due to insecurity. You should be able to feel independent and not in constant need af assistance or company.
How does the alarm function work?
- With a mobile safety alarms with an alarm button, one simple klick and you will alert your care personal or your family. Multiple people can be alerted using a list created by you. As an extra measure of security, a text message with a pre determined text will also be sent out.
- Using the mobile phone network, the unit will send a message containing the users position to a website that can be reached by family or care personal.
- The receivers of the alarm can see your position on a map. With some units, the map can be reached using a dedicated relative unit.
- The receivers of the alarm will quickly get information about the situation and can act accordingly. While waiting for assistance, you stay in contact and remain calm.
Elderly and remaining active
Even if you are older, maybe starting to feel a bit fragile and is in need of assistance in your daily life, you should still be able to go outside on your own: Go for a walk, take your dog out, go to the shop, visit friends or just get som fresh air. To be able to do things on your own without the need for assistance improves your quality of life. Using Posifons safety solution and our mobile safety alarms, you have access to that extra sense of safety that is needed in order for you, your friends, family and to feel safe. The user decides who should be notified in case of an alarm. the person who receives the alarm will receive a phone call or a text message and by using an internet connection, will be able to see the positioning of the user.
Regardless of if you are living in your home or if you have moved to a care residence, there are many situations where you are capable of managing on your own which will benefit you and your care giver. Should you need assistance or find yourself to be lost, no mayor actions are needed and it is easy to find you.
Posifon takes pride in adapting to the ethical aspects of working with care. Therefore we have created ethical guidelines for the usage of our mobile safety alarms. You can read about these and other interesting reports in our bank of knowledge.